ditto on the damaging my respect for him too! I didn't know he was one of the producers for Big Love, that damages my respect down to just about NOTHING!
If he wants to say that he thinks it's un-American to support prop 8 because it's discriminatory, that's fine with me (even though it's also un-American to want to deny people the right to voice their opinion). in all honesty, there's a lot of people who you can't blame for supporting a warped idea of tolerance (ie not tolerance but rather moral relativism or no morals whatsoever) because this world has shaped their opinions that way and you can't really expect much else if they don't have the truth to rely on.
BUT what damages my respect for him is that he can't bother to get his facts straight. No mormons gave money to the church for prop 8, they gave it to the political organization that was in charge, AND spreading misconceptions about the church by being the producer of a show like big love is pretty un-American even going by the standards that he just stated himself. I think that if you're going to be a high-profile person commenting on an issue, you should make sure you're educated and have your facts straight. You should also not be such a blatant hypocrite.
Thanks for your comments! I agree Kaylene. I don't really care if people voted for it or against it. That's a right we all DO have. What does bother me is the hypocrisy of being intolerant towards Mormons for being "intolerant" of homosexual lifestyles.
And yeah, thanks to Big Love, the misconceptions about Mormons pervade society today. Please, just clump all Mormons as polygamists just as some No on Prop 8'ers clumps us as un-American and gay-hating as well.
5 comments:
ditto on the damaging my respect for him too! I didn't know he was one of the producers for Big Love, that damages my respect down to just about NOTHING!
If he wants to say that he thinks it's un-American to support prop 8 because it's discriminatory, that's fine with me (even though it's also un-American to want to deny people the right to voice their opinion). in all honesty, there's a lot of people who you can't blame for supporting a warped idea of tolerance (ie not tolerance but rather moral relativism or no morals whatsoever) because this world has shaped their opinions that way and you can't really expect much else if they don't have the truth to rely on.
BUT what damages my respect for him is that he can't bother to get his facts straight. No mormons gave money to the church for prop 8, they gave it to the political organization that was in charge, AND spreading misconceptions about the church by being the producer of a show like big love is pretty un-American even going by the standards that he just stated himself. I think that if you're going to be a high-profile person commenting on an issue, you should make sure you're educated and have your facts straight. You should also not be such a blatant hypocrite.
The end :)
Thanks for your comments! I agree Kaylene. I don't really care if people voted for it or against it. That's a right we all DO have. What does bother me is the hypocrisy of being intolerant towards Mormons for being "intolerant" of homosexual lifestyles.
And yeah, thanks to Big Love, the misconceptions about Mormons pervade society today. Please, just clump all Mormons as polygamists just as some No on Prop 8'ers clumps us as un-American and gay-hating as well.
Wow....
Just blog browsing... :) But I wanted to add "Right On". I read his comments today and totally agree with you!
Post a Comment