Monday, January 12, 2009

How I Know We Are Living in a Video Game World

Me to a group of 4th graders: What does the word "hard" mean?

Kid 1: When you can't do something.
Kid 2: When you can't reach a certain level of RAW wrestling.

Me: What is that, a video game?
Kid 2: Yeah, its really hard! I can't do it!

Me: What are some other things in your life that are hard?
Kid 3: Like when I'm playing this one game, and I can't beat this guy.
Me: Anything else besides video games?
Kid 1: No, my video games are really hard!

I guess I was expecting some pretty brutally honest answers about a family member dying, or getting taken from their home, or seeing dad in jail, you know, the typical things these kids go though...so it was almost a happy accident that they all thought VIDEO GAMES were the hardest part of their life. Ah kids.

No comments: