Sunday, January 18, 2009


Sooo...I can be a little bit klutzy. I think sometimes my depth perception gets scadywompus, and so I run into things. So, for example, this morning, as I was getting out of bed, I hit my head on the windowsill. Luckily no goose eggs, but it's not the most pleasant way to say HELLO! to the day (especially a nice, relaxing Sunday morning).

I made it through the day fairly unscathed, although during one of the church prayers, Todd and I were standing outside in the foyer, and as soon as I closed my eyes I about fell over. Dizziness? Maybe. Being terrible at standing in heels? Quite possibly. Klutziness? Yeah, there was definitely some of that thrown in there. I had to listen to the prayer with my eyes open. Which is okay, because apparently LOTS of people do that.

So we got home and were cleaning up from dinner. I went to grab the oil, and my hands weren't even slippery or anything! But the bottle must have been, because it started to slip through my fingers. Luckily, I have quick reflexes or it would have been all over the floor. I grabbed and thought I was okay. I didn't plan for the backlash of oil, because as I grabbed, the oil splashed up...up...and ALL OVER ME. I am sad I didn't get photographic evidence but that was because I had oil soaking my shirt, dripping on the floor, dripping DOWN my neck and shirt, and covering my necklace. I yelled for backup (aka hubby) and he came running, probably thinking that I had cut myself with a knife because he thinks someday I will chop off my fingers, even though I have given him no reason to believe I would do that...

Anyway, moral of the story: Don't spill olive oil on yourself. It is slimy and gross. It will soak all over your clothes. It gets sticky. Don't give in to your inner klutz!

3 comments:

Ina & co. said...

Uh, good luck getting it OUT of your clothes! But hey, at least it wasn't HOT oil!

and GO STEELERS!

Ina & co. said...

PS- I'm sure one of those people with their eyes open was my daughter.... She usually has her mouth open as well with LOTS of sound coming out... *SIGH* :)

Dahlia said...

Yeah, good luck getting the oil out of your clothes. Madeline decided to coat herself in Vaseline one day (with clothes on) and it was an oily mess...Spray and Wash works wonders :) Oh, and how are your abs feeling?