Sunday, January 11, 2009

In the beginning...

Before we left for PA, I graduated. Yay! I graduated in spirit this time, because a trip back to Boise just to graduate was neither plausible nor desirable. Once is enough, right? Below are my 5th grade kiddos. We had a lot of fun, mixed together with a lot of confusion, hormones, and throwing of chairs...just what student teaching should be!


For our Topeka friends, Todd and I also celebrated the end of his first semester, and the end of my university career with dinner at Boss Hawg's. We had DELICIOUS barbecue...I highly recommend the chimichange with beef brisket...amazing! We also opened a few presents from Todd's parents...Thank you Sandra and Nicholas!
We then commenced on a two-day trip to PA. We were extremely grateful for great, if not ridiculously cold, weather. We finally warmed up in Ohio, just in time to wave at our old home of Columbus. The only snow we hit was high up on the PA Turnpike, but the roads weren't slick. It was almost enjoyable to have Todd in the car to myself for two days...sharing him with law school has been trying for me!
It was awesome being with my family. We visited them briefly in June two weeks after Ari was born, and he's grown a lot. We instantly fell in love with him. He is the cutest, happiest baby ever.


He and Todd share a "moment" here. The Thomason household likes naps, and it seems Ari does too!
He is six months old. I affectionately referred to him as "P.V." P.V. is short for "projectile vomiter." I got threw up on three times in two hours. You would think I would learn....
P.V. is also short for "pee-wee vampire." I had just seen Twilight with my mom and sister and I decided that Ari would enjoy taking a bite out of our shoulders.

See the drool? Yep, thats Peewee Vampire at work.

No comments: