A trip to PA wouldn't be complete without a visit to Hershey's Chocolate World. Growing up, we'd go visit all the time, sometimes visiting the rollercoaster park as well. They give a free simulated tour of their chocolate factory, which is always fun, followed up by a free sample of a new product....Yum!

Oops, forget to flip this one. We are standing outside the factory.

Once the ride is over, they, of course, dump you out into the store, which is filled with Hershey's products. Everything is so tempting! We got the Hershey's chocolate pie...which was covered in the most delicious whipped cream I've ever had! Unfortunately, it all got thrown up that night. I get weird rebound sicknesses after I've been sick the first time, and I think my body just couldn't handle the richness!

On the ride. The singing cows were new!

Todd on the walkway down to the ride. Milton Hershey and his wife couldn't have children, so they donated part of their fortune (60 million) to a boarding school when they died. That school still runs today. Also part of Hershey is a medical school and some other enterprises. We also toured the Hershey lights, which took us almost an hour in the car! We had a great time with our 3-D glasses that made all the lights look like snowflakes. We especially enjoyed the fairy tale-themed section.

This is the only picture we have from tubing--on the way to Roundtop in the car. Jess, Joey, Jacob, Todd and I bundled up and loaded up into the car. It was so foggy we couldn't see five feet in front of the car, so it was an adventure traveling on those windy PA roads up the mountain! We had a fabulous time tubing, nearly getting knocked out and running over the tubing workers. We stayed for two hours and had a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment