Yes, there are about a million plates in front of me. I had an appetizer plate, the plate the appetizers came on, my salad plate, and my dinner plate. We Thomasons like to eat! I think I am holding a DELICIOUS seafood stuffed mushroom in my hand. If there is one thing I have grown to love as an adult, it is mushrooms--fresh or sauteed!
After we had convinced our waiter that he had broken our camera, we got it to work again. I think our clothes match nicely with the dinner plates. Didn't we plan that well?
Cute! Cute! This is more his "why are you taking pictures of me" face, but he looks pretty good for the billions of hours of studying he is doing. I don't really think he is in the "I love law school!" phase of his life, considering that he is campus from 7 am to 9 or 10 pm most days, with short breaks home for lunch or dinner or a run. I am very proud of him for working so hard, but I still have not adjusted to not seeing him whenever I want. I am also not a big fan of the complete lack of cell reception in the law building. I think they do that on purpose....thank goodness for Gmail chat and the new laptop!
We are liking it here in Kansas. Our apartment complex has been really awesome at getting stuff fixed really quick. Our shower went out one morning last week. I didn't get a shower that morning, but by the time I came home, we had brand new fixtures and everything was back in working order. Our neighbors are quiet, and we are close to everything. The weather has been beautiful, and we love taking walks around the campus or the neighborhood close by. Our ward members have been so kind, we have met a lot of people from Rexburg or who went to BYU, and our ward and the JRC do a lot of fun stuff (mostly we eat...a lot!)
Todd and I are enjoying our calling teaching the 12 year olds. I am learning a lot of things by teaching them, although I have to admit it is a bit hard planning lessons all week, and then coming home and doing it some more. Teaching the gospel is so different though, and its good for me to immerse myself in the principles of our Church.
We are keeping our fingers crossed that things will work out so that we can visit PA over our Christmas break!
2 comments:
Seafood ... ANY food is my favorite, too! What fun! Thanks for sharing. ~ Amor
For cuteness! I actually noticed the "blue theme" going on...very nice. Sounds like you guys are crazy busy! That must be such a great feeling to only have 2 months left though! Yeah!:)
Post a Comment