Thursday, June 27, 2013

San Diego, Day 3-Gaslamp Quarter, Midway Museum

Day 3, Friday, we had a few hours before it was time to go pick up the Thomasons from the airport, so we hit a few more sights in SD. We knew we had to stop at the Ghirardelli store in the Gaslamp Quarter, so we did just that. We wished we had more time spend there, but it was probably for the best that all we had time for was a delicious brownie sundae! We grabbed a few chocolates for the rest of the trip as well :)




We also decided to head over the bridge to Coronado. We checked out the big hotel there and just drove the main road and watched all of the tourists :)


After that, we were right on time to pick up the Thomason/Peterson clan. We headed up to a different hotel where we all could stay together, and then Todd, his dad, Jared (our brother-in-law), and I headed for the Midway Museum. I have never been in a huge military ship like that, and so it was fun to wander around with our headphones, trying not to hit our heads, and learn all about life on the ship.




I don't like being locked up in the brig!
 But Todd looks like he belongs there!



An ejection seat (in case you couldn't tell!)

Here's my Maverick, living out his Top Gun Dream!







Inside one of the helicopters on the top deck.






 After the Midway, we headed back to the hotel for a quick bite to eat. I wasn't feeling so hot, so I stayed at the hotel while the rest of the family headed to meet our new sister-in-law and her family.

No comments: