Our 2nd morning in SD, we decided to head out to La Jolla. Even though it was overcast and frankly, CHILLY!, we didn't mind. It was so fun just to walk along the beach and people watch. We wanted to join the yoga class going on along the beach!
We also found our dream homes, right along the water (yeah, right!)
I really enjoyed the seals. Todd is not an animal person, so he tolerated them for me (and they DID smell!). I loved the little baby seals scooting themselves in and out of the water. My favorite, though, was watching the seals play in the ocean. I love catching animals in their natural habitats.
We headed to Burger Lounge for a delicious lunch, and enjoyed people-watching, including old ladies in Jaguars with their little dogs. Here in Kansas, we are not used to nice cars, so when we saw the Aston Martin and Jaguar dealerships everywhere, we knew we were not in KS anymore!
After La Jolla, we jumped on the freeway to go see my BYU college roommate Stephanie. We didn't take many pictures, but it was so fun to see her city, and her kids, and especially HER! It felt like it hadn't been SIX years since we've seen each other! We were brave and headed to the beach even though it was still overcast. We were the crazy people in the water without wetsuits. Maybe Californians are wimps....after we were in for a while, it wasn't that cold! Todd took a short run on the beach while Steph and I talked, and then I tried to scare Todd and Steph with the little sand crabs. Todd even found a few crab presents in his pocket on the way home. This is how that conversation went:
Todd: Uh, I need to pull over for a minute.
Me: Why?
Todd: I think I have crabs in my pocket.
(He gets out, empties his pocket into his hands, and hurls them into the air. Calmly gets back in the car)
Me: How many WERE there?
Todd: 3
Steph and I start hysterically laughing. I can think of worse places for them to be than in your pocket, so I think Todd was grateful!
We took a short walk up to UC Irvine while Steph worked on dinner (we are terrible guests!), which was fun, and also beautiful. Seriously, can we just transport pieces of CA to KS? The good parts?
We loved our little side trip to Irvine!
1 comment:
You are not terrible guests! It was fun to see you, even for a few hours :-) Glad you had a fun trip, come back anytime!
Post a Comment