Thursday, June 27, 2013

Las Vegas-Tuacahn

One of the things I always wanted to do in Utah was go to Tuacahn, but it just never worked out. We decided to do it this trip, but we hit a snag on our first attempt...we forgot the time difference! Luckily, we realized this only 20 minutes outside of Las Vegas (because I happened to glance at the arrival time on our GPS). Luckily, we were able to switch to the same show on a different night...and left an hour earlier!

Anyway, Tuacahn is an outdoor amphitheater. It is GORGEOUS! What an amazing setting for an outdoor play! The breeze was running through the canyon (which helped because it was really hot!) and since most of the crowd was LDS, it was such a different atmosphere from Las Vegas. We really enjoyed the trip, and I wish I lived closer so I could get season tickets!





We went and saw Mary Poppins. The cast did a great job, and my favorite song was "Step in Time" complete with fireworks above the red rocks!




1 comment:

Lindzie said...

Glad you made it there. IT really is fun!