Sunday, January 17, 2010

Highlights of this Week


  • I started a digital storytelling class for points for work. I wasn't sure what it was really about, but I'm pretty excited now. I totally want to learn it in time to teach my kids to do one after spring break...one of my goals I guess. We really are moving towards integrating more technology into our classrooms, since that is what our students (and children) will be used to anyway!

  • I started counting calories this week (Sundays don't count, I don't exercise and I snack all day!) It was eye-opening for me...I mean, I KNEW I could eat, but I've been trying to control the SNACKING...that is what kills me. I think this week was a success, plus I was pretty diligent about exercise. The weather warming up a bit has helped (by a bit, I mean, it's 30 degrees instead of 0).

  • 24 and American Idol started! I made Todd watch with me tonight even though he hates to watch it until the season is over because he hates being left at the cliffhangers. I don't mind as much, and I like to keep up with it.

  • I had a student give me a bitten-off Snicker as a "gift." I guess she didn't like it. Other than that, I am still loving teaching. It helps me sleep better! I am currently trying to fix an attitude problem one of my students developed over the break. It's one of those "I'm so smart, I'll blurt out all the answers and act bored, and generally be goofy and disruptive." If this kid poured as much attention into reading as he does math...well, maybe I would be more sympathetic. His parents are "whatever parents" so I know I won't find much help there.

  • Todd started school again. Boo. Somehow he managed to go to class, do homework, work 20 hours, and still be around a lot this week. LOVE HIM!

  • I received Catching Fire from the library this week. I started last night and had a VERY hard time putting it down. I was feeling a bit lackluster in the reading department, but this has me fired up again. Any other good "fire you up to get reading" suggestions?

That's all folks. I still have a hard time believing I've had three days off in the last three weeks of school and that didn't count break. The snow is finally melting (YES!) and I am wishing for May weather already.

or THIS weather! (at this time last year, we were planning for this trip...I am just as excited to stay stateside this summer!)

No comments: