Sunday, January 17, 2010

Dear Rachael Ray


I have been intimidated by your recipes. I have a cookbook full of 365 recipes that I have never tried. Until yesterday. I decided to ease into your book by making "Park City Cashew Chicken." The name, of course, appealing for its nostalgic reasons, but also because I have never cooked anything with cashews, and it sounded delish!

Outcome? Pretty good, if I do say so myself! Maybe a bit heavy on the chipotle (another ingredient I am discovering, YUM!). You add a maple syrup and honey glaze at the end and its fabulous.

I have made a goal to crack open that book a few more. It's funny, I used to be so intimidated by your seemingly incredible ingredients list, but now that I have begun cooking quite a bit more, the list doesn't seem quite so not-doable (finding fresh rosemary, a BIT more difficult!)

Next Rachael recipe on the list? Crispy Rosemary-Orange Chicken with Parmigiano String Beans. Looking forward to it!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Please share all three of those recipes. They sound so yummy!! I'm in a cooking rut...or lack of cooking rut. I need something exciting to get back to doing what I should be doing. So, please share them. I can't wait to try them too.

Have you seen that movie where the lady makes every recipe in a julia child cookbook? Kind of fun and inspiring. I liked it. Maybe you could try that with Rachel Ray.

Megan said...

I loved that movie (and its use of butter!) I think it was a bit inspiring too, but I don't think I could stand cooking one every day (plus its expensive!) But yeah, I can post the recipe!