Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Volleyball

Volleyball is something that has grown on me since my BYU days. I sorta kinda played back during Young Women's (which probably doesn't count), but I was pretty much a die-hard soccer player, and I didn't really like anything else.

Fast forward a few years, and I realized that soccer wasn't super practical anymore. AKA, I hate running and I had begun to slooooooowww down. I took a co-ed volleyball class at BYU (intimidating, AND it was a beginner's class), but I really liked it.

Last year, my mentor teacher (now friend) asked me if I wanted to play on her volleyball team. I was really flattered, but double-checked to make sure it was fairly non-competitive. I LIKE volleyball, but I'm not super GOOD at it.

So here I am, a year later, still playing, and I LOVE it (as long as I play well, I'm still a LITTLE competitive). Our team is called "Bump, Set, Duck" (haha, get it?), and its made up of mostly teachers from the area with a few different occupations thrown in :) We have a good time, don't sweat the bad plays, laugh at the ridiculously horrible plays, and occasionally have some great moments. Here we are, in a picture taken last year :)

No comments: