traveling here: LONG. we nearly missed our international flight. we spent four hours driving to our town....and if you think the utahn and idahoan switchbacks are bad, you ain't seen NOTHING! It's really beautiful though...green and mountainous. We feel like we're in a movie sometimes.
food: great! lots of chicken and veggies :)
people: extremely friendly. our homestay family and our spanish teacher is great. we did our first five hours today...we have a LOT to learn!
the town: busy, bustling, dirty, crazy drivers (like a typical Central/South American town, it sounds like)
I think I will slowly get over the culture shock. I'm not used to the stray dogs and the solicitations to buy things from the local people and having to throw toilet paper in the trash can (Yuck, I know!). We're doing alright being around people who mostly speak only Spanish. Todd is doing awesome...he knows a lot more words than I do, and he's braver than I am. I am still pretty shy...I'm sure a few weeks of Spanish and some more time here will help with that.
But we're alive!
1 comment:
have a great time. about the dogs...there were a lot of stray dogs, ugly stray dogs where my bro served his mission. He came home and made an ugly dog calendar, some of them were so gross. Can't wait to hear all your adventures.
Post a Comment