Another great lady in my life is my mother-in-law, Sandra.

She is just about as welcoming a person as you could ever meet. Maybe she was just a little desperate for Todd to get married that she'd take anyone (just kidding!)...but she has ALWAYS shown me kindness.
She helped me from the very beginning when I decided I wanted to be a teacher. She let me come and volunteer in her classroom, and I ended up subbing in her district...sometimes at her school! It was nice to have a friendly face to come talk to, and have someone to vent to about all those crazy kids! She showed me its possible to be a great mom and still work full-time!
We lived with Todd's parents for six months, and I don't think I touched nary a dish that whole time. I know that reflects bad on me (remember, I HATE dishes anyway), but I won't lie, it was great! She was so kind to us, giving us our privacy, and feeding us DELICIOUS meals! I learned to like asparagus and sweet potatoes at her house, and we cook steak much more often now as well! I think I gained 10 pounds living at her home...this East Coast frame wasn't used to butter and cream!
Sandra has great taste. She always gets me the cutest clothes for my birthday and Christmas. She helps me encourage Todd to dress nice (and not wear clothes that are a million years old). It's good to have another Thomason on my side!
Sandra has great faith. She is always praying for Todd and I, and she gives 110% to her callings. I especially admire her because they keep calling her to Primary, even though she has taught for so many years! They didn't let her completely retire!
I am so blessed to have a wonderful mother-in-law. No horror stories here!
She helped me from the very beginning when I decided I wanted to be a teacher. She let me come and volunteer in her classroom, and I ended up subbing in her district...sometimes at her school! It was nice to have a friendly face to come talk to, and have someone to vent to about all those crazy kids! She showed me its possible to be a great mom and still work full-time!
We lived with Todd's parents for six months, and I don't think I touched nary a dish that whole time. I know that reflects bad on me (remember, I HATE dishes anyway), but I won't lie, it was great! She was so kind to us, giving us our privacy, and feeding us DELICIOUS meals! I learned to like asparagus and sweet potatoes at her house, and we cook steak much more often now as well! I think I gained 10 pounds living at her home...this East Coast frame wasn't used to butter and cream!
Sandra has great taste. She always gets me the cutest clothes for my birthday and Christmas. She helps me encourage Todd to dress nice (and not wear clothes that are a million years old). It's good to have another Thomason on my side!
Sandra has great faith. She is always praying for Todd and I, and she gives 110% to her callings. I especially admire her because they keep calling her to Primary, even though she has taught for so many years! They didn't let her completely retire!
I am so blessed to have a wonderful mother-in-law. No horror stories here!
Happy Mother's Day Sandra! Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment