Sunday, May 3, 2009

Awesomeness of this Week:

  • Seeing the BYU Ballroom Dance Team right here in Topeka. We sat in the FRONT ROW!!! Todd is a die-hard front row guy. Me, not so much. As in, NEVER. But it was nice. However, I don't think I'm completely sold on the front row. Anyway, it was AWESOME! The Kolob one made me cry. The McGalaxy dance made me almost die laughing. I WISH I could dance!
  • I made dioramas with my second graders. It sure beat doing comprehension checks. When I introduced the idea of a "diorama," one second grader yelled, "UGH!! Diarrhea??" He thought we were going to make diarrhea. I couldn't hold back my laughter.
  • This line from Arrested Development, "THIS ONE had a YELLOW BOW TIE!" Seriously. It was great. You had to be there.
  • We ate out a lot this week (and last weekend). This is awesomeness, because I didn't feel like cooking this week. Todd and I actually sat in a McD's and ate. Usually this is SO not awesomeness, but Todd having time to sit with me for dinner? I don't care WHERE we are! Plus, we had a sundae. And our cashier was nice. And it was clean. So, extra extra bonus points!
  • My Primary kids were little angels during my lesson. I wasn't so sure how today would go, since it seems like every time I'm feeling down, kids just instinctively know they MUST act up twice as bad. But no, they were good. I guess golden plates are really interesting to little kids or something :)
Non-Awesomeness of This Week
  • I got a cold. One of those suck-the-living-daylights-out-of-you colds. One of those where you are totally beat after 3 hours of being awake. I left work early on Friday. I felt kinda dumb. I always feel kinda dumb when I get one of those sicknesses where you can't really tell that I'm sick...like I worry people think I'm faking. But I wasn't faking. I feel better now. I figure that being at a school is not the best way to try to recover.
  • I had another old person yell at me in the parking lot. I think he was mad I was on my cell phone. I couldn't really understand his grumbling since the car window was up, and I was talking to Todd. Haha. Old people at Dillon's are really grumpy.
  • Speaking of Dillon's, first they closed the one down on 29th and Topeka. Now they've closed the one on 21st and Fairlawn. I mean, I guess I only have to drive about 300 feet to the other Dillon's, but still!!?? Quit closing my grocery stores! Although there are two Dillon's that are probably closer, but I consider them the "ghetto Dillons." You know...the one on Lane and the one on 29th next to Boss Hawg's that you can only fit one cart at a time in an aisle. Boo.
  • I am not feeling Topeka drivers. They either think they are totally cool in pimped-out wagons, or they are too cool to stop for a red light. I have to check every time I get a green to make sure some crazy isn't gonna run me over. And people, when the speed limit is only 40 in most of Topeka, GO 40!!! Geez.

What were the awesome parts of YOUR week?

P.S. I tried really hard not to breathe on anyone today. So, if you get a cold, it WASN'T ME!

1 comment:

Karolyn said...

My awesomes of the week include: going to the zoo ;) (are you jealous?!) raiding the clearance items at the dillons on 21st and fairlawn when it was closing (by the way i asked when they reopen and its in 6 months so keep the faith!), the realization that scott only has 5 days of seminary left!, hmm... thats probably enough. My not so awesomes include loosing my internet and phone for the week because of the storm. I dont think at&t realize (or care) that we dont own cell phones and they provide our only means of contact to the outside world... oh well

I should have written this in an email ;)

How are you feeling?!