So Christine just admitted one of her current obsessions, so I have to counter with one of my all-the-time obsessions. I like shopping, but Todd and I are especially taken with.....after holiday candy sales! To illustrate our complete OCD tendencies, here is our current example:
Last night, I went to Shopko to take advantage of the Halloween candy sales. I love those candy corn pumpkins (if you think it's gross, that's fine, I also like Peeps), and so I grabbed two bags of those. In addition, I also bought a bag of M&M's, a bag of snack-size Whoppers, and another bag of something chocolate that I can't currently remember the name of. Total: $5. Not bad, eh?
Well, we wouldn't stop there. After volunteering today, I stopped by Shopko again (in a different location), called Todd up on the phone, and we preceded to discuss which candy they had available that we wanted. All in all, I came away with a huge bag of Airheads (we both had a middle school moment), a huge bag of Skittles and Starbursts, and bags of peanut m&m's, peanut butter m&m's, KitKat's, Snicker's, and last but not least, a large bag of bite-size Twix. Total cost: $20.
Can you see now why we both went in to get cavities filled this week?
THAT is how I enjoy my Halloween....the day after :)
1 comment:
I do remember you loving those candy corn pumpkins. Mark's totally the same way. He can't control himself. We got a TON of candy from trick-or-treating at work and I swear he's already eaten half of it. Oh, and he refuses to go to the dentist. You know how I am about teeth and I think his teeth are rotting out of his head the way he eats sugar. Patience and understanding. This is what marriage is teaching me. :)
Post a Comment