Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving

Hopefully I'll remember to bring my camera to school one day so I can upload some pictures...but until then, the post alone will have to be sufficient :)

Todd and I left on Wednesday for Rexburg, and we really enjoyed our Thanksgiving break. I did everything I could to relax including eating a lot of raspberry pie, staying up late, sleeping in, shopping, and ignoring my homework :) Todd's mom did a great job of cooking...I can't really say I look forward to the day when I am "in charge" of Thanksgiving. Hopefully someday this will be something fun for me, but right now, it's simply not!

I, too, hit the stores on Black Friday in Idaho Falls. I was actually pretty disappointed this year. The shopping is better if you want a camera or plasma TV or something like that, we don't need any of that! I did get some holiday decorations, and Target had The Holiday and Walk The Line on sale for 4 or 5 bucks. I found some cute sweaters at Target as well. I went into Kohl's, and wanted to get this shirt, but the line was 25 minutes long (NO WAY!), and I really couldn't didn't want to stand in that line. I actually ending up going back to Kohl's the next day to get the shirt. I tried it on, and didn't like it as much, but I found some nice shirts for Todd, so it wasn't a complete waste of miles. I also have been wanting some good shoes for when I start student teaching, so I bought two pairs of comfy, cute teaching shoes, and a pair of boots (I have been DYING to get some boots for years!). Those will be my Christmas present from Todd, and I'm excited to wear them!

We also had some time to see my sister and her husband in Rexburg as well, and it was really fun to see her again and be around "my" family as well. It had been a really long time since we did a puzzle together, so Jess and I slaved over a 1000-piece puzzle for three days! I used to be so good at those, but I'm a bit rusty. It was fun to do that, and watch movies, and just hang out and eat.

On the way home, Todd and I stopped by Craters of the Moon. I don't want to describe that trip too much because I have some awesome pictures from the cave we hiked into. Todd said that my dad would be proud of my outdoorsy-ness...I was too! I'll make sure and post those too. If anyone ever gets the chance to go, its lots of fun. It seems like more of a Steph and Sam-type activity (old lava, craters, hiking, caves, etc), but Todd and I really had fun, and we pretty much had the whole park to ourselves since it is getting cold. It was fun to take a route other than the freeway (BORING!), and we had a good time looking at the population signs of some of the towns (76, 220, etc).

So that was our Thanksgiving! I am depressed to be back in school, but such is life. It's getting a lot colder now, and it snowed just a tiny bit this morning, but it was enough to make the roads slick, and cause some crashes. I am SO not ready for this winter weather! Which leads me to our other exciting addition to our house...we bought a LoveSac! We have been wanting one of those since our BYU days, and we got it for 50% off during a Thanksgiving sale. The funny thing is is that it practically takes up our entire living room! It makes me want to laugh everytime I walk in there, because it is just this huge sac taking up all of our floor space, we just don't have the room for it in our apartment! We figured that we would most likely be moving to a larger apartment this summer, and so we only have to put up with tripping over it for another 6 months. Our excitement to have it outweighs the inconvenience of space, and so if you guys are very around, feel free to come and relax in it!

2 comments:

Sam and Steph said...

Love-sac! YAY! I think they're bigger than our entire apt, I'm impressed yours fits in your front room...I'm def going to have to see some of these pics of the "sam and steph" activity...whee :-) OH, and I order my new camera online yesterday, it should be here shortly, then I can play with pictures again too!

sachiko said...

You're so brave to go shopping on black Friday. I have discovered I'm a serious claustro-phobe. Weird, huh? It sounds like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving! I'll look forward to the day when I don't have to help anymore and I can make my kids and kids-in-law do it all. Is that a bad reason to have kids?