So, I've come to realize that I haven't been blogging that much because there's not too many exciting things going on around in this part of Boise. School is school, work is work, there are no babies, new school/work things, or moves (yet) to think about. In fact, now that I think about it, it's actually kinda nice! We have spent a lot of time moving and driving and wondering what's next, and even though there is still a lot up in the air, Todd and are settling into a routine and we are happy in our cozy little apartment. It's nice to be able to come home and have someone to talk to, to make dinner with, and to laugh with...I really missed him when he was gone!
We have been trying really hard to start doing FHE, and so far, it's been going really well. I really enjoy the time we have taken to turn off the TV, and talk about all things spiritual and temporal. It's nice to have the house quiet, and it's fun to learn from Todd because he knows so much about the gospel. Now, he's humble, and would say that he doesn't know that much, but he knows way more than I do! After our spiritual thought, we usually try to talk about something temporal too, or do an activity. One week we talked a little about ADHD (I was learning about it in class) and did our pumpkin carving. Other weeks, Todd tells me what he has learned in a book he is reading. The one common thread is that Todd usually tells me to stop spending his money!
We really like Boise, and we are starting to get our bearing finally. There is still a ton of unfamiliar territory, but as long as we can find the library, WinCo, Wal-Mart, and Old Navy (that's just me!), we are good to go. We have enjoyed being near the river trail to take a walk or go jogging (that's mostly Todd!), and it's also a short trip to the tennis courts. I am kind of sad it is getting colder, but I am thankful it is not snowing yet! The weather here is actually similar to that of Delaware, I think the winter will be pretty mild, which is fine with me after spending a winter in Rexburg!
I like my job too, I do a lot of rotating through different schools, and so I get to see a lot of kids while learning how to get around Boise. Last week, I did a morning at their infant location! It was really fun to be around babies again, but it was also one of those "Are you SURE you want one of these?" times. Basically, we changed diapers and got spit up on, but we also got to enjoy lots of easy smiles and tons of play time! This morning, I was at another location and it was so cute seeing the kindergartners (or "kinders" as we call them) dressed up as Disney princesses, or Batman or a pirate. It is really hard getting up so early, driving in the dark (it stays dark SO late in the morning!), and being freezing cold on the way there, but it's fun to be with the kids. I always feel good around them because they automatically love you!
So that's where we're at now. Todd is staying really busy, but at the same time, we get to see a lot of each other. We usually spend winters spending a ton of time together because the summers are so tough...and we may be in for another one (we'll see!) However, we are determined to figure out the good restaurants downtown, go see some theater, and use the dollar theater all we can! Also, I am taking Todd to his first Boise State football game, and hopefully we are in for an exciting one! Emily, if you have any suggestions on cool things to do in Boise, let me know!
I hope you all have a happy Halloween!
3 comments:
I have been thinking we need to be better about that whole FHE thing too, but I hadn't bothered to do anything about it yet... Thanks for the good example :)
Glad to see you are liking your job so much! When do you come observe a middle school? You should totally come out to my school! So what is Tood up to these days? Is he still working? I have a ton of cool places (well..not really) But do have a few suggestions. Hyde Park is fun, Boise Co-op is stupid and over-rated, BO-DO is fun, the old penitentary is cool. Have fun at the game on Saturday, I'm still debating going.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks my life is monotonous. However, don't be fooled, it's interesting to read! Funny how other people think your life is interesting and you think it's boring. I think the same "Are you SURE you want one of these?" after every primary class. I only teach the Valiant 9 class but man, babies grow up and then you have to work with pre-pubescent kids. It's taxing. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, I just don't know if I could handle it day after day after day instead of 2 hours on Sunday.
Post a Comment