Thursday, October 11, 2007

Things I Learned at Work Today

Joke: What rides a skateboard and has wings?
Answer: Tony Hawk.

Seriously, this 8-year-old kid presented this gem of a joke today. He then proceeded to tell us that "Tony Hawk is the greatest skateboarder in the WHOLE world!" What was even funnier, his 6-year-old sister was sitting next to him, and she chimed in to help her brother out, "He's a LEGEND!" I have to assume that he's got a skateboarding family member at home (plus he came in with a red mohawk, it was the first of two mohawks I saw that morning). I love it! I just loved the sincerity on the little girl's face in declaring, "He's a legend!" Do six-year-olds know what a legend is? Is Tony Hawk the hero of the current elementary school population?

In addition, this two kids were running a storm around the cafeteria when I took the JFK kids to breakfast today. They then sat down and said, "We make a bad couple." Kind of like the brother and sister Bonnie and Clyde I guess. They began play fighting again at the table, and then the sister pointed to her brother, and said, "See, we're a bad couple." It was so cute, said in a way that only an adorable 6-year-old could do. I can't wait til my kids are that age (no, that's still a WAY down the road!).

On another note, Todd and I got our library cards at the Boise Public Library yesterday. We are both book and library junkies, and so I'm surprised it took as 4 days since Todd has been here to make it there. They have a pretty good selection, and I'm armed with two new books to read in the next few weeks.

Oh, and what did we see at the library? This cute couple with a baby was checking out books next to us. They were getting a new card too, and the person checking them out asked for proof of ID. This guy, he couldn't have been older than 29 or 30 reaches in his back pocket, revealing A GUN! Who brings a gun to the library? I didn't notice at first, and Todd pointed it out to me. The lady behind this guy in line almost freaked out (she was older), and mentioned it to the checker when the guy had left. I was just glad he didn't plan on using it on us! He didn't look like a cop or anything either, so I guess he was just exercising his right to bear arms. But seriously, was it necessary? I hope he had a good reason to have it!

And I have to tell you, I was so excited to see not one, but MULTIPLE posts from Sachi! Yay! And yes, I agree it is time for Steph to jump on the bandwagon, can we stay stephandsam.blogspot.com?? How about it??

2 comments:

sachiko said...

You're hilarious. I miss you and the other girls so much!! So how much more of school do you have left? Oh, and don't get used to the multiple posts--it was a LONG lunch covering the front desk phones. I think a big reason I don't post that often is because we only have dial-up at home. I told my little brother that and he said earnestly, "They still have that?"

Anonymous said...

I love the Boise library! I miss not living so close. I seriously went there every freaking Saturday.