Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Refresh

When I've had to give my students "THAT" talk, you know, the "don't be naughty in general" speech, I always end by saying, "Okay, it's a fresh start right now. Time to start over!" I've always liked the idea of a fresh start, and I think kids need to know that it's okay to try again.

So fresh start again. I had a really hard weekend, and I think part of it was hormones (ha! my husband is probably CRINGING!), but I also think that this life is very heavy sometimes, and there are occasions where I need to give myself over to it, have a good cry, and move on.

So I am going to be thankful.

I am so thankful for kindness. There are some people we know who I won't mention specifically, but they have gone out of their way to show our family great kindness.

I am grateful for the missionaries. They are awesome, and they remind me that my brother is also making good choices and changing lives. They also stop by our house to say hi (okay, and use the bathroom sometimes!) They are the sweetest little guys :)

I am grateful for my job. Again, I can't say it enough, I was blessed. Great kids, great co-workers, beautiful school, huge classroom. Love it!

I love both of our families. They are awesome. They work hard. And when you are feeling down, they tell you stories about how your dad fell into the creek in front of a bunch of people and your sister had to go help fish him out.

Mostly, grateful for Todd. What a righteous example he is, and so so incredibly kind. I wish I had an ounce of the patience and diligence he has. Alas, I do not. But I think we balance each other, but more importantly, we hold onto each other because we are the most important thing to each other. That's so worth being thankful for :)


No comments: