Thursday, February 18, 2010

One Year Older and Wiser Too..

Okay, well maybe not THAT much wiser. Sometimes I ask myself that during the day when the students are making me want to pull my hair out. Todd always asks why I didn't marry someone with money (so I wouldn't have to work, obviously!). I tell him he DID have money when I married him :) Anyway, that was a total sidebar.

Todd made my day by making me delicious muffins and singing to me :) Please ignore my post-makeup and hair picture. I am not a morning person!



My post-box opening loot. I was treated really well this birthday. People must feel bad for me because I am getting old! My parents sent flowers and a whole lotta stamping materials (YAY!). Todd got me honeycomb chocolate, which is awesome because I swear the only places you can get that are in Rexburg or Nauvoo (do only Mormons eat honeycomb chocolate?), plus some other things. My extended family was also really kind, sending me cards and their love.



For birthday dinner, we went to Paisano's, a local Italian restaurant. Okay, so Topeka has at least ONE good unique restaurant. Their calamari is incredible. Every pasta dish I've had there has been AMAZING! It was Todd's first time, and he was impressed! I eat so much there I can't breathe for a while afterwards! While we were there a lady was picking her nose. Yeah, gross.




We went to see Avatar after our dinner. Here we are rocking our glasses (we look AWESOME!). I really enjoyed the movie. I thought the special effects were amazing, it was so fun to watch visually. My only complaint, and its because I'm old, is that it was really long. I have a hard time staying awake for movies after 10 pm. Especially loud ones (isn't the end of Avatar REALLY loud??) Typical James Cameron, dragging movies out. Anyway, it was really fun though, and we had a good time (and I slept really well!)


Next stop on the Thomason birthday train: Todd on the 22nd!

2 comments:

Karolyn said...

LOVE Paisanos! YUM! Looks like a fun birthday!!!

Lindzie said...

What prey tell is honey comb chocolate?? Do I need to find me some?? Happy late birthday! I'm sorry I missed it on Facebook. :(