Today, I was walking to join a class in the library when I heard sobbing. Not the sobbing of one kindergartner, which is nothing unusual...but the sobbing of several students. Older students. I turned into the hallway, and there were 9-10 3rd graders BAWLING. Full-on, nose dripping, chest-heaving, sobbing.
I sidelined one who wasn't sobbing and asked him what was going on (I'm nosy, I know).
Me: So what's going on? What's wrong with everyone?
Kid: "Well, we were watching..."
Sniff. Sniff.
" ...this movie..."
Sniff. Sniff.
"...and..."
full-blown crying...
"...IT WAS SO SAD!!!"
He's crying to hard by this point for me to understand what he's saying, so I let him run to join his other 9 classmates who are all sitting along the far wall, sobbing their guts out. Later on, the teacher returned with those students to library, and when I turned next to take a look at them, nine students were simultaneously sniffing into their tissues (girls AND boys, might I add). Later on, I used recess time to figure out what movie they were watching from another 3rd grade teacher.
The culprit? Marley and Me.
Maybe I WON'T be watching that one!
3 comments:
Mark and I refuse to watch the movie because we're afraid it's going to ruin the book for us. We LOVED the book. We read it together and at the end of the book when Marley's getting old we kept switching off back and forth to whoever was crying the least... it was SO sad. I cried forever! Really good book. I recommend it, and you know I don't read. It was pretty entertaining until the end when the kleenex box was my best friend. We actually put off reading the end of it for a long time too because we could feel it coming. It'll pull on your heart strings. Don't see the movie. Owen Wilson will ruin you for the book.
Aw! The poor kiddos! I never thought that movie would provoke a bawl-fest! Obviously I haven't read the book...
What little sweethearts, oh, and why were they watching that at school?!
Two words: Substitute + Friday
:)
Post a Comment