You know how in lots of Relief Societies, they do a good news minute, where people announce good news (finishing school, new grandchildren, etc.)? This seemed to be that kind of week for me. Work was super busy, but I had something fun to come home to almost every day!
- My new Chaco's arrived in the mail. I am like a little kid when it comes to mail. I LOVE getting mail. So having the Chaco's arrive quickly was great. I was looking for a super sturdy sandal to wear in Guatemala, and they were on sale, so...here they are!

- On Wednesday, my Stampin' Up stuff arrived not by mail, but in person from Casey. I was SO EXCITED to get my stamping stuff. It's becoming a slight addiction, but it's a really fun hobby, and it's good to be creative right?
- On Thursday, I screamed when I opened a piece of mail marked "Do Not Bend" (that of course, my mailman had stuffed into our tiny mailbox). I can now officially teach in the state of Kansas because it was my teaching license! Six year, lots of student loans, many desperate emails to Boise State to send in the papers needed, and an interesting student teaching experience...and Kansas gave me my license, no extra hoops needed! I wasn't expecting it to come so quickly, and frankly I was sick with worry that they would make me take another Praxis, but nope!

- On Friday, our first of two travel books came in the mail. I am starting to get REALLY excited for our trip, especially because time is flying by, and it seems like I'm running out of daylight to prepare and get everything ready.
All in all, it was pretty good, right? Again, I can't believe how time has flown here. We are planning on stay here at our apartments for another year, and I'm still waiting to hear on a job (boo.) Todd likes law school better than pest control, so we are still good there. We haven't gotten any crazy diseases, been hit by a tornado, or been attacked by sunflowers, so I guess Kansas has treated us well so far :)
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun week! I'm totally excited about the stamping stuff too! Congrats on getting your certificate. Mine runs out this December... I can't believe its been 3 years already! AND I still want to know when and WHY you guys are going to Guatemala???!!!
Post a Comment