Saturday, November 22, 2008

Megan's Random Thoughts

This is all I can muster for now

**Jones Cream Soda just became my new favorite flavor. It leaves a cotton candy-esque aftertaste. Perrrrrfect! We buy Jones soday occasionally as a special treat...we both deserve it!

**It is REALLY cold here in Topeka. Like, REALLY cold. I wish my body would regulate temperature better. Sometimes it can be 75 degrees in my apartment and I'm nice and cozy. Currently, it is 75 degrees and I am freezing. WHY???

**Not a huge fan right now of law school. It is stealing my husband. Law school, I hate you. We better get a good return on this investment in the future. Luckily, I don't think the world will ever run out of lawyers. Customer service reps may go the way of India, but we will probably still need lawyers.

**Working on getting a job for next semester. I have a few good leads. Will let you all know when I have a final decision. I am exhausted from student teaching. However, I really do feel that I have learned a lot this semester, and that I am capable of working with many kinds of students. That's not a confidence I think I would have gained if we had stayed in Idaho. Trying to recognize the blessings here! Speaking of school, I had this conversation the other day:

Kid: Are you giving us social studies homework today?
Me: I don't think so.
Kid: Good, because I won't have time to do it. I have to go home and take a nap.

Ummm...is it just me or is that a LOUSY excuse for a fifth-grader to make? I have to take a nap? I wish I could use that one!

**America's Next Top Model is over. Who can explain exactly why they watch this, but like many people, I am also dying to know who's going to go next. I like laughing at the ridiculous things those girls say...and at Tyra Banks. Girl needs to get over herself.

To replace ANTM, I have 24!! We will be recording tomorrow's opening show because of a church thing, but we're on it! Oh sweet 24! How I have missed you and Jack Bauer and the sweet plot twists. Todd and I decided that President Palmer would have been a much better candidate for President this year. Should have wrote him in. Too bad he's just an Allstate commercial guy now. That guy was going places.

Another new favorite show of mine is Criminal Minds. Fun stuff. I like the plot line of FBI profiling...it's nice to take a break from the CSI grossness. Likeable cast. I watch too much TV these days. A sorry substitute for Todd, that's for sure.

**Not wanting to end my blog talking about TV, I am so excited for our visit to Pennsylvania over Christmas (have I mentioned this already? If so, sorry!) I will get to see my nephew who has probably grown a ton since we last saw him, as well as my family who are so far away (why is everyone so far away?). Hopefully I will be able to go skiing (maybe?) and take Todd on the Hershey Chocolate Tour. It will be so nice to be with family over the holidays, and Todd and I are really looking forward to a wonderfully long break from school and work.

What are you doing for the holidays?

No comments: