One of my favorite things in the WHOLE WORLD is getting the mail. Cheesy as it sounds, I love getting to the mailbox first and grabbing everything out of it. One of my biggest disappointments is when the mailbox is empty (which is often because we move so much we hardly even get junk mail!) Even when we were staying with Todd's parents, I became the designated "mail-gettter."Imagine my happiness yesterday when I got my family's Christmas package. My mom sends one every year, and this year she sent along our presents, along with some cute, crafty Christmas things she made a while back, that i requested she send along because I love them! I also got a card from my Granny, so it was a double good day! So I immediately ripped open the letter and package, and had everything spread all over the floor. Eventually it was organized so that it now looks like this:
There is also a stocking stand en route, and I'm excited to get things as well. It's nice to have a creative mom to stock your home because when you first get married you start with none of that holiday stuff!
In other news, my sister said I could make the announcement on Blogger, so here it is: (drumroll, please)...Jess is pregnant! We are so excited for her, she is due in June, and so it will be a birthday/anniversary baby as well! It is weird to think that I will be an aunt, but I'm excited to have a little McCabe boy or girl to spoil until I get one of my own!
Also, I'm excited for our post-Christmas plans as well because Todd and I are going on a ski trip! It's nowhere glamorous, just outside of lovely Logan, UT, but we will be staying in a really nice place and enjoying the slopes for three days...Well, Todd will enjoy them for three days. I usually last about 3 or 4 hours before I feel so cold I start to have seizures. But it will be fun to relax and hang out with Todd and get away from Boise for a while.I'll be away from Boise even more, because I am visiting Delaware in January. I am taking advantage of our wonderful, ridiculously long Christmas break to visit! I am excited to see my parents and brothers, although the break in between hasn't been quite as long since I flew out last June for Jess' wedding. My brothers are always hilarious to be around, and being in Delaware can be quite relaxing! I'll have to sneak down to Ocean City sometime and grab some of Dolle's yummy caramel popcorn!
So now that I've poured out my whole life, I would like to see an update from a few freshman friends who have been slacking (a-HEM SACHI EM STEPH!)
2 comments:
Oh my gosh! I was this [ ] close to jumping out of my skin because I saw the stork picture before I read that Jess was the one having the baby! That's still super exciting though. Auntie is such a fun title. All the joys of children without any of the hard stuff. I would think it's similar to grandma status. Are your parents so excited?
hey...stop pointing fingers at the slackers, I've just been busy! I will probably blog once I get to boston, because we don't really have any plans and we'll be there a week and a half...I might get bored. But until then, I've got papers, projects, finals, and VEGAS planning to do. This is my last semester of classes so I've got a LOT of CRAP to do...good greif. Hey...when are you going skiing? Are you going to let us join you for an afternoon? If your doing it right after Christmas I guess it won't work, we won't be back until Jan 4th. Enjoy skiing/snowboarding, whichever you decide to do this time :-)
Post a Comment