Wednesday, December 19, 2007

In The Christmas Spirit

Seeing as Christmas is quickly creeping up on us this year, Todd and I took some time this weekend to be festive. First we attended our ward Christmas party on Saturday night and enjoyed gobbling down the sugar cookies. Then Sunday night, on a suggestion from a friend, we drove out to a neighborhood in Boise famous for its Christmas lights. I guess they have a competition every year, and it was really fun to see almost every house decorated for Christmas. It was definitely a Ross tradition to go driving and see the lights, and I'm hoping we'll make it a Thomason tradition as well! Here are some pictures we got from the drive:















Monday night we made sugar cookies for FHE. They turned out wonderfully delicious, thanks to Sandra for the great recipe!



So anyway, hopefully all that got us properly geared up for Christmas. It will be nice to have a few days completely free of school and work.

School is totally over, and so thats pretty exciting. It was a quiet end to the semester, with only one final. I also got to meet my cooperating teacher at Christine Donnell School and she seems really nice, and I'm also excited to be at a school that places a lot of emphasis on the arts during everyday subjects. My teacher is also LDS, so it will be nice to speak the same language :) This school caps K-3 classes at 20 students so the small environment will be great to learn in (although I'll be pretty lucky to EVER have a class that small!).

I knew I probably shouldn't have mentioned this in one of the last few blogs, because it happened...Todd and I both got callings! Todd has just been called as ward clerk, so that will take him away from me a little bit more on Sundays :( but other than that, I think he'll enjoy it. I have been called as the Athletic Coordinator for the Relief Society, this also being a fairly simple calling, but we'll see! I also really liked that Elder Ballard recently encouraged us to use our blogs to educate others about the Church. I am a TERRIBLE missionary (I was FERVENTLY praying that we would NOT get called as ward missionaries), and I know that almost everyone, if not everyone, that reads this blog is LDS. However, I hope that somehow I am setting an example and that I won't be afraid to share the gospel through my blog. We'll see...no promises!

4 comments:

Kaylene said...

That link appears to be down (from the lds.org site) but once it is back up I am going to copy you and post it. Good idea!

sachiko said...

Loved your Christmas card. I'll forgive you for only writing a few sentences because I know it probably took forever to make the card itself!

Megan said...

Yeah I was a slacker when it came to the written part on everyones! I figure posting on people's blogs is enough...sad right?

Anonymous said...

Where is that neighborhood? It looks like so much fun!! It was fun having dinner the other night, we really should do that more often. Where did you find that talk from Elder Ballard? That is great. I really should do better as well!