Thursday, September 20, 2007

Odds and Ends

Well, I am finally starting to get the ball rolling on some of my school obligations, as well as looking for work. I will be spending three hours a week in a kindergarten class for my literacy class, which will be so much fun! It will be more fun considering I don't have to be the teacher, and I know that it will be a fun learning experience. My first day is tomorrow at Valley View Elementary, which is just about 10 or 15 minutes from where we live, so I'm excited to get to work on that!



I've also decided to substitute again here in the Boise District. I wasn't so sure about doing it again, but I think it was just the stress of getting moved in here. Now that most of that stress is gone, and I'm more comfortable getting around BSU and Boise, I am excited to be a bit busier, especially since Todd isn't around right now to fill up my free time. There are a ton of schools to work at, so hopefully I can avoid middle school like the plague, because I think that's where a lot of my apprehensions about subbing come in. At the most, I would only be working two days a week, so this girl can definitely handle that!








I went to the BSU game last week (yes, by myself!) I was actually quite proud of myself for going on my own. I'm one of those people who likes to be one of the crowd, and this tends to be true even if it's not something I'm interested in! For example, the PGA was in town this summer, and I got jealous because it seemed like EVERYONE else was going, even though it was so stinkin' hot outside and golf is SO boring to watch! So, I didn't want to miss out on the Boise game, and it ended up being fun despite my alone-ness. Plus, they won, so that's always a bonus! It was a fun game to watch, and there's really not that many bad seats in the stadium. I do have to say, though, that Cosmo the Cougar is so much cooler than Boise State's mascot, which is a horse that just walks up and down the stairs. Cosmo could crowd-surf! Plus, BYU's wave goes on way longer than BSU's did, but I think the Edwards Stadium is twice the size of Boise's, so that might have something to do with it. And for anyone familiar with Boise State players (which I doubt any of you are, but still), I DID ride the bus with Ian Johnson the other day, who is somewhat of a celebrity here. And a few other large football players, who looked scary!




It was very exciting to see Emily the other day. It's so nice to see a familiar face around here, especially when it seems like it's been SO long since I've seen any of my "Provo" friends. The ward here does seem super nice, and so I have that I can acclimate to it quickly. I'm not the best at being super outgoing and friendly around people I don't know, and it's harder without Todd here, so we'll see how that goes! Hopefully, when Todd gets back and settled, we can take a trip down to Provo to see everyone. We've promised ourselves we MUST go skiing this winter (since we totally missed out last winter), and so Utah seems to be in the future anyway.

I guess that's the update!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been fun to get to hang out with you too! I won't be able to go to the game on Thursday, sorry!! When does Todd get back, do you know yet?

Lindzie said...

Why does Todd have to leave so much? I can't remember what he does exactly!