Whew! It's been a whirlwind couple of weeks, and it will be difficult to catch up. I'll post briefly here, and then post a few more times with pictures.
Todd and I survived the trip to Boise, jamming in a few last sight-seeing trips in Tulsa to Oral Roberts University, Blue Bell Creamery, and the Tulsa Driller statue. On the way out, we stopped by Bartlesville, OK to see the Price Tower designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. After that, it was a long, booooring drive. It was the first time I had driven that many hours without switching off with someone, as Todd and I were each driving separate cars, and hopefully it will be the last time (although somehow I doubt it).
We got to Boise on Monday the 27th after taking a short pit stop in Rexburg to grab more of our stuff. Tuesday-Thursday was spent moving in, buying furniture, going to school all day, having a job interview, unpacking, and doing homework. It was really, really crazy, but we still fit in Tepanyaki with Cherish and Jared. It is nice to finally have some furniture after being married over a year, but it filled up our small apartment pretty quickly!
We came back to Rexburg Thursday night, and I'm writing this blog from the Rex. We had more stuff to get (yes, I guess we DO have a lot of stuff), and Todd and I spent Friday afternoon and evening in West Yellowstone spending lots of money on huckleberry-related stuff (SO good!) and going to the Mack's Inn Dinner Theater. We stuffed ourselves, and it was great to see some fun theater again after a too-long hiatus.
Saturday we spent with my parents and we were able to go to Yellowstone's Bear World and see the deer, moose, and of course, bears! Which sort of reminded us of a certain Brian Regan routine..."Remember that show, Gentle Ben? There's a good thing, teach your kids bears are friendly!" Then, we traveled up to Island Park/Mack's Inn to see Big Springs and Mesa Falls. I will definitely post pictures because it was BEAUTIFUL. Afterwards, we came back and enjoyed some of Big Jud's famous 1 lb. burgers with Andrew and Jade, a few brave friends/transplants from back home attending BYU-I. It was a really, really fun day, and it was fun for Todd and I to take a mini-vacation after all this summer and all of our moving.
Okay, that's enough! I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking :)
No comments:
Post a Comment