I think it all began with my granny. No, seriously. Being mostly from Pittsburgh, my family are big Steelers fans (even when they stink, which has been a lot), and even though we visited my granny a lot because she lived close, a lot of those times I remember there being a Steelers game on the TV, and it would stay on during dinner. Wow, that was a run-on sentence if I ever saw one. Sorry about that. Anyway, my 87 year old grandmother will still have a football game on occasionally when I come home, and if she can be into football, anyone can!If you went to Delmar High School, chances are you are probably a football fan too. Maybe it was living in a small town, maybe because the team was pretty decent the last few years of high school, maybe it was because I had friends on the team, or traveled to all the games because I was in band. Whatever it was, I love fall because of football season. (I think that's your bro, Casie, with his back to us, haha).
To top it all off, it seems that most places I have lived since high school have a high sense of pride in their university football teams. Cougar football anyone? I will FOREVER be a BYU football fan (House of Payne? The Darth Vader song?) Sacramento wasn't so much a football town, but Tulsa was filled with SUV's bearing OU or OSU stickers. Now being in Boise, it feels like home again. The blue and orange flags fly from cars (interestingly enough, my high school colors were blue and orange), half the people in Wal-Mart today wore BSU shirts, and you should have seen the pilgramage to the stadium last week.
Yeah, I love football, even when my team is losing (is Washington really THAT good?)! Oh, and good luck, Cougars, tonight!

2 comments:
Great talking to you today! So we do really need to hang out! Got to love football...even when BYU and BSU lose...sad day. Oh and we get all the BYU games at my parenst house, so you should come over for that some day too. BTW...I have that Harry Wong book (they made first year teachers read it in our mentor class at school) ...do you have to watch the videos..becuase then you might just pee yourself from laughing so hard because it really is that studpid.
Haha, no we haven't had to watch any videos yet. He strikes as a crazy Asian guy, but I really like most of the advice he gives, it is very specific, which is good for me! And yea, I might have to take you up on watching the BYU games, I was kinda sad when I realized we didn't get any of them :(
Post a Comment