In the last couple of weeks, I've felt better. I decided that if were going to be measured by how I handled hard things, I had better start handling them better.
These things have helped:
1) Keeping things in perspective. I've had to tell myself that a hard day at work doesn't seem so bad the next day. Next year, I'll barely remember these times. I try to take a deep breath, say a quick prayer, and get on with the day. I try to look at those kids that are being so good, and trying so hard and remember them more often.
2)Finishing the Book of Mormon. I read it again. I have a testimony of it. I always find an application to my life when I read it. It's not just something written thousands of years ago. The book is about Jesus Christ. It's helping me feel the Spirit more often.
3) Good friends. I have such good friends here. I am not a very good friend, but they love me anyway. It's nice to have adults to talk to after spending the day with kids.
4) Service. I have been indexing WWII census records for FamilySearch. It makes me feel good to contribute to genealogy work. It's been fun to do records from Pennsylvania and it's so simple and convenient.
5) Of course Todd. He has such a great perspective on work. He knows things do not come easily. He works so hard in school, and sometimes I am hard on him for being gone so often, but I know that his hard work now will be of benefit to us someday. He told me the other night that one of the greatest things Christ taught us was how to struggle. I'm still thinking about that, but I know that when I struggle, Todd is there to talk with me, to let me vent, to rub my back or give me a hug. We are still learning from each other, and I love it. I have a lot to learn from him.
6) Quiet moments. I am trying to have more of them. There are definitely times when I want to turn up the radio and listen to The Script really loudly, but I'm trying to find more time to turn off the TV and Itunes and think. We have a lot of important decisions coming up. I want to be able to hear the Holy Ghost when it whispers to me.
7)The Priesthood. One of the women in testimony meeting today said she was so grateful her husband honors his priesthood. I feel the same way about Todd. I would not have gotten through some of my trials this year without those blessings. They are another way I know that Heavenly Father is watching out for me.
8) Countdowns: Such as: one week until spring break!
2 1/2 months until school is out!
10 more months until Todd graduates!
No comments:
Post a Comment