Things I Need to Blog About, for future reference (aka a boring post with a list just for my own sanity, so that I'm not thinking about writing about these things at midnight tonight)
- Todd and I got culture this week with the Ron Clark lecture, the Human Trafficking documentary, and the Rape of Europa documentary. We have been enlightened and inspired!
- The tentative calendar came in for school next year--summer planning can begin!
- We have been eating out a lot. Chik-Fil-A, Qdoba, Red Robin, Grover's...we are eating machines (and I eat twice as much as Todd). I am trying to curb the sudden enthusiasm for custard. If only the V-day chocolate was all eaten up...but I'm trucking on! I just haven't felt like cooking this week either...Vday and the birthday wore my cooking brains out!
- I have loved our recent weather. I have loved the teachers who have sent me outside with groups to play! I have loved walking around Washburn, feeling the warm breeze!
- I got a new calling...in Primary, surprise, surprise. How it will go is yet to be seen...I wasn't thrilled, but apparently my calling in life is as a teacher...duh. Too bad that I am a TERRIBLE gospel teacher. Oh well, I guess this is where I get to work on my weaknesses!
- I ordered my first item from Etsy...a large tote as a birthday gift and I love it! It's huge...just what I wanted so I can haul around church, school and scrapbooking stuff. I also discovered Ebay, and bought some teacher-y things. Teachers, what kind of stuff did you need the most that the school didn't provide?
- I think I got my job at just the right moment. The education cuts are somewhat scary...although the government could have probably saved a lot of money on the pointless national test (NAEP) they gave the fourth graders here today. I think its sad that we can give 600 million so DC can get energy efficient cars, but here in our district they are talking about having to cut between 5-13% from the budget...in an already crappy budget in the first place! Don't even get me started on the stimulus package...we are spending an awful lot of money on bike trails, people. And I'm not sure where all that money they are giving to education is going--not here to Kansas, and not to too many places in Idaho either.
- You should see our laundry pile. It's bad. Oh washer/dryer combo in an apartment, how I miss thee.
- And oh yeah, I did sign up for one of those Pay It Forward posts, so you will be seeing a post like that on my blog as well, as soon as I can get my brain together enough.
- I am making a trip to the podiatrist. I'm sure you all wanted to know. Yes, darn your brother and huge picture frames with ginormous chain links attached, Tai Ling, it is the SAME TOE...I have the feeling it might never be the same. It is easy to take your toes for granted...I might never do that again! However, it might give me another excuse to not have to wear shoes, and hobble around like an invalid...but I doubt its that bad again :)
- I love paper. My scrapbooking paper addiction is getting out of hand for someone who can't scrapbook enough to use it all. Luckily, I have found some people who share the same addiction, its not just me!
- Things I have been better at lately:
- Thinking complimentary thoughts about people
- Holding doors open for old people
- Not watching as much TV
- Shaving my legs
- Walking for exercise
- Things That Still Need to get Better
- Not throwing my clothes on the floor at night
- Not Biting my nails
- Taking my vitamins
- Doing the dishes (I haven't done them in AGES...thank you sweetie for picking up the slack)
- Reading my scriptures (ACK! Must fix quick! Darn you, Shannon Hale, and your stinkin good books!)
Alright, I think I've detoxed for a few days. Oh yeah, add "get new camera cord" to the list. Hence, no pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment