10 Things I Like About My Dad
1. He has a killer sense of direction. I like to tell Todd I inherited that from him. My dad can remember landmarks on small roads he drove on 10 years ago. So I guess he has a good memory too. We were never lost on a trip with Dad.
2. He always took us places. We traveled to Maine in the station wagon, and Florida and Idaho in Shrek, the big green van. I think my love of traveling comes from my dad.
3. My dad is kind. He always put his family before himself.
4. My dad gave me a car! What girl wouldn't love a dad like that?
5. My dad is spiritual. He knows a lot about the gospel, and he lives it. He has been a great example of what a Latter-Day Saint should be.
6. Dad always takes care of his girls. He made the cross country trip out to BYU with me several times. Even 3000 miles away, I would call him for medical and money advice.
7. Dad always cheers us on. I remember being able to hear him above the other parents at soccer games, and my mom would make fun of him. He wasn't like those other parents, though, who were screaming at their kids because they messed up. He was yelling encouragement! (Although I'm still offended that mom and dad would always tell me, "You look like a ballerina!")
8. Dad is good at his job. I think its because he works so hard. I wish I could have learned more of his work ethic. He is very good at what he does, I think people feel like he is trustworthy and dependable.
9. Now that I'm old enough, I can appreciate the help Dad gave my Mom around the house. He is good at dishes. Maybe this is why I married a man who is also good at doing the dishes. On Saturdays he would always do stuff around the house (and still does), and he would help de-clutter on Sundays so my mom wouldn't go crazy.
10. My dad is cool! He stays up with this technology stuff. He will even send text messages from Sunday School...haha. He keeps in touch with us by sending pictures, and has even started updating the blog on his own! I am proud of him for keeping up!
We love you Dad, and wish we could be there to celebrate with you!
1 comment:
Can I just say you have perfect teacher handwriting! (I am assuming you wrote the sign, not Todd) Cute blog by the way for your dad!
Post a Comment