Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Cutie pie




It would be an understatement to say that this has been a hard summer for Todd. He would never say it, but it's been mildly crappy, yet still mildly good. Work life, ick, home life, great (except that when you have a crazy employee, work tends to come home). So, in honor of my husband, I would like him to know that SOMEONE appreciates him. Here is a list of some of the things he does that I'm really grateful for:


1. He does the dishes. I hate the dishes, and he'll do them even after a long day at work. Now THAT is love!


2. Every morning before I would go to school and work, he would go outside in 0 degree weather and turn on my car so that it was warm by the time I got in. He usually did this around 6:45 or 7 am, even though he didn't have to get up that early.


3. He lets me borrow his car on days when I run errands, so that I don't have to die sweating in my broken A/C car.


4. The boy knows how to stay out of debt. Which is good because I'm really good at being in debt.


5. We're moving to Boise just so I can finish getting my teacher's certificate. He is putting off potentially good job offers in other areas so I can follow President Hinckley's counsel to get all of the education I can.


6. He is a much better communicator than I am. I have a lot to learn from him.


7. He doesn't give me grief when I come home with another pair of shoes, or a new shirt (which is more often than he would like). Sometimes he'll say, "Don't you already have one of those?" (which I, of course, don't), but he'll tell me it's cute and go on.


8. He still opens doors for me, and that is EVERY door, except doors where it would be tricky. I order first, I do everything first. What a gentleman!


9. He is still nice to me, even when I get mad. I'm not nice to people when they're mad at me...how does he do that?


10-14. He is honest and thoughtful. He is a better listener than I am. He reads a lot, learns a lot, knows a lot. I guess those are all different things, but kind of related, right? He has opinions, and concrete, thought-provoking reasons and information for why he has those opinions.He is one of those people I can go to if I need an answer, and he most likely knows it. He isn't pretentious about all of this knowledge he has, he is still very humble and kind to people, and will never rub their mistakes in their faces. But most of you already know that if you know Todd.


15. We don't argue. Well, I argue. But he never argues back. Mostly because he is better at not saying things he doesn't mean, and he doesn't believe in arguing about petty things (as a female, it's in my genetic makeup or SOMETHING!)



Alright, I'm sure most of you have tuned out by now, so I apologize if this got too cheesy. But I really do have an AWESOME husband. I love you Todd!




2 comments:

M. Elle Ehrlich said...

I'm the crazy employee that comes home with you, aren't I?

M. Elle Ehrlich said...

p.s. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Todd is a much better person than I am...