Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas 2013



We had a really nice WHITE Christmas this year. It was so nice for Todd not to have to worry about law school, or the bar, or looking for a job, or not getting hardly any time off for Christmas. This year, we was able to take ONE day off, and then he had Christmas Eve and Day off, so he had a long 5-day weekend. It was really, really awesome to have him home!





 
 We put up our little tree again this year. It's pretty cute, and I love setting it up and thinking about all of the memories wrapped up in the ornaments. That's the kind of tree I like! It'll probably be a long time until we graduate to a big tree!
 
 I'm not a big cook around Christmas, mostly because we always buy each other candy at Christmas and spend the rest of break munching, but we did break out a sugar cookie recipe Todd's mom gave us that we love!
   
 
 
 My students really spoiled me this year with gifts, AND I have great co-workers :) I think Todd was surprised to receive so much from his work (his old environment was NOT like that at all). I am grateful his coworkers are so kind to him, even though he has only been working there for a few months.
 
 
 
 We tried to stay pretty simple with our gifts to each other, since we bought an Ipad during Black Friday. Todd laughed at this nice, giant picture of us, but I love the pictures a ward member took of us (Lacey does great!) and I want one in the house somewhere.
  
 

 
 
 Todd's parents got us The Old Testament made easy, which has the commentary right inside it, so that'll be nice to read...I can't get past Kings!
 
Also, please excuse my hair in every picture. I didn't look in a mirror before we took all these pics!
 
 

Probably my favorite thing to get at Christmas is clothes and accessories.
 
 



So Todd is the epitome of that saying, "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without." His fleece jacket was getting pretty threadbare, so I'll be much happier when he wears his new Columbia fleece :)
 
 
 
 
Todd also loves super practical gifts, so he loved something else to add to our 72 hour kit!



 
My gift from the Thomason family gift exchange. Cherish and Jared's family did well!
 
 
 Another book Todd wanted.

 



 
 
 
My mom also sent me a signed copy from one of my favorite children's book authors, Jan Brett. The Mitten is one of my favorites, and I'm excited to add this to my collection! It only would have been better if I could have gone with them!
 
Overall, we had a wonderful Christmas, and felt so blessed to be happy and healthy!

 
 
 
 

No comments: