Sunday, September 16, 2012

Week of Sept. 10th

This week FLEW by!

Todd and I have been trying to work out for the past few weeks. Up until recently, we had been working out when we got home from work. There were a few cons to this: 1) I was starving by the time I got home. It takes me 35 minutes to get from work to home, plenty of time to work up an appetite! 2) We were both really tired after work. 3) We wouldn't get home at the same time, so the person who was left waiting at home got less and less motivated as time passed.

I decided that I wanted to try getting up early in the morning to work out. Todd already gets up pretty early to do his scripture study, so I knew it wouldn't be a problem for him. Me? A WHOLE 'NOTHER STORY! I HATE getting up early. I despise being up before sunrise. But I felt like it would be so much better to get it over with.

So last week, we started. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, we woke up early and did our 30-minute workout. It was hard, but it felt SO GOOD to have it over with, and it also felt good to actually do it 3 times in one week! Todd also runs on Saturday, and we played tennis as well, and so we are getting a 4th day of physical exercise too. It feels good!

This week, we had a lot of church activities. There was a RS activity Tuesday night, YW and Scouts Wed. night, a marriage class we were asked to attend (haha!) Friday night, and a stake cultural activity Saturday. Needless to say, busy busy! The nice thing about our stake is that if we have stake activities on the weekends, they usually don't schedule youth activities on Wednesday that week. So, I do have next Wednesday evening off, which will be nice.

Friday was kind of special, too. In our district, it was a plan day (no students). But, our school was having its ribbon-cutting ceremony, so we spent the morning preparing and watching that. It was really neat to see the governor, so Army guys from the Department of Defense, some senators, and especially General Seitz, the man our school is named after. It's so neat to actually KNOW your school's namesake! The kids sang some patriotic songs and it was adorable! The mounted cavalry was there, the infantry band, and lots of Army were there and sang the Big Red One song. This picture is of me and my teammies after the ribbon-cutting ceremony was over. We even saw some secret service-like guys patrolling the school was large lumps in their backs, and one of my teammates saw the bomb dogs going around. It was a big deal!



Yesterday was our first trip to Salina for the cultural event and it was really neat to see all the talent we have in our stake! We even sat right behind a girl who acted in a play I stage managed at BYU...she came to my bridal shower right before I graduated! She is related to a family in our new ward...again, small world!

So, there's our weekly wrap-up!

No comments: