Saturday, September 8, 2012

Beautiful Day

Todd and I woke up early this morning and went out and took a walk. Okay, I should amend that entire sentence, because one, it was early for me. 7:30 on a Saturday is like 5:30 the rest of the week. Todd is really good at getting up early, but I woke up at 5:30 and dozed off and on and finally hauled myself out of bed at 7:30. Oh, and I was the one walking, Todd was running :)



Our apartment is right behind the sign in the picture (this pic is from Google, NOT from me!). We live in a neighborhood so on our walk/run, we pass a lot of quiet neighborhoods, a middle school, and we're 4 minutes away from the church, so Todd usually ends up turning around there. The KState stadium is a 20 minute walk down the street. Today our weather was BEAUTIFUL and COOL...it was so perfect!


I have been dying to play tennis, and for some weird reason when the temperature is perfect in Kansas, the wind is usually too strong to play. Today, all conditions were right, and so we headed over to CICO park down the street to play. Todd mentioned that it had been FIVE years since we had played...WOW. The last time we remembered playing was at Ann Morrison Park in Boise. Needless to say, law school was not good for the pursuit of hobbies :)  It was great to get back out and play, and I wasn't as rusty as I thought I would be. We did a warmup, and then played a best out of 7...Todd beat me like he ALWAYS does 4-2. We had some pretty good volleys and so it wasn't so lopsided that it wasn't fun :)

I love Saturday mornings like today!


No comments: