I am a beach girl. So you can imagine what it's like being in Kansas (for that matter, being in Utah!) I had been itching to get back to the beach, which we finally did for two wonderful days.
The waves were great, in fact, so great that they were sucking people out into the ocean all day. Not kidding. In all my experience, I have never seen so many lifeguards have to jump into the water and grab people out of the rip currents. In fact, we even had a pow wow so the lifeguard could explain why it was happening so often that day (something to do with the tide changing) and how to see the currents and avoid them. So anyway, it was an exciting day to be at the beach.
I am all squinty because it was SO BRIGHT! I am not complaining that all (I'll let my red skin do the complaining for me). It really was gorgeous. Todd went for the bigger waves, while I wimped out and stayed closer to shore with my boogie board. It was so fun to just lay on and let the waves crash around me. Day 2, the waves were much stronger and bigger and so it wasn't a "relaxing" beach day, but a "keep on your toes" beach day.
We had a great time, and even got our Thrasher's fries (twice), Dolle's and Fisher's popcorn, and saltwater taffy. Some of it came home so we could have a taste of the beach in KS.
No comments:
Post a Comment