- We will be living in senior missionary housing...woo hoo! In return for living there, we are supposed to volunteer in the Sao Paulo temple twice a week. I think that will be a really neat experience, seeing as I've never volunteered in any temple, ever! I'm a bit nervous about being around others who speak Portuguese but I hope it's okay! The nice thing about this trip, too, is that we will be in ONE place the entire time, aside from traveling. That was the hardest part about Guatemala, moving every week or so.
- Our housing, Todd's internship, the temple, and the ward we will be attending are all in the same complex. That means we won't have to take a bus, or walk, or take a taxi to get anywhere. PHEW! Sao Paulo has 20 million people and the thought of trying to navigate the streets with all those people made me gag at times. So that unease is settled!
- Todd will be working in the office of the General Counsel for the Church in Brazil. He may get to attend some hearings in the Brazilian Senate while he is there, but mostly he'll be working on projects for the General Counsel.
- I'll be volunteering in several possible ways. It could be in the temple, it could be with some of the senior missionaries, it could be in the Perpetual Education office. Apparently, they will be keeping me busy. I'll be grateful for that, as Todd will be doing an 8 to 5 in the OGC.
We are both excited and nervous...I keep getting butterflies thinking about it. In fact, the scariest part for me is the trip there. I HATE customs, both in the US, and in other countries. I always feel like a criminal, and it's worse when you are in another country and the agents have accents and I can't understand them, and it's so awkward! Plus, I'm usually going on no sleep, and this flight is a LOOOOOONG overnight flight. So wish us luck there!
Ciao!
3 comments:
Ahh! I'm so excited for you guys! Have a blast!!
Wahoo! Sounds like a good time! Good luck, have tonz of fun, and enjoy the food!!!!
Good luck! You will have so much fun! can't wait to see pics and hear about it!
Post a Comment