- We have summer plans. With a husband in law school, and the end of the school year near, its commonplace to hear people ask. And now, we have an answer!
The answer is--work, work, and Brazil!
Yep, I said Brazil. Todd will pursue some opportunities here in June, and I am teaching Migrant Summer School at my current school.
Then, we will pack our bags, grab our passports, and fly down to Brazil so that Todd can do an internship. He got in touch with someone who places students, mostly BYU (so we consider ourselves lucky), in Brazil with a Portuguese-speaking law firm. We are nervous, and scared, and excited, all at the same time! So, we have a lot to prepare for as the summer nears.
- Our Dear Honda is okay. Well, hopefully :) We'll see when it comes back from the shop. But the mechanic did NOT say, "Look, guys, I'm sorry, but there's no hope!"
- The weight that I gained in Idaho last summer is GONE! Yeah, I know it only took me a year, but I also try not to weigh myself all the time and obsess over it....but yay! Todd will think I'm ridiculous for posting this, and probably be embarrassed for me, but no, I will NOT be embarrassed! Hopefully in 20 years and after a few kids, this will be slightly motivating. I've tried to exercise regularly, and I've tried some Jazzercise at home which is SO FUN! I haven't been great at it the last few weeks with a head cold, but I hope the trend is one I can continue.
(And now for a long side note: All of my weight gains since getting married have been in Idaho...maybe its the cream they put in everything, from asparagus to snow cones, but trips to Idaho always do me in. I'm not saying I am enjoying the hiatus from our Western adventures, just not gaining weight from them!)
- I will be teaching third grade again next year. PHEW! I was asked to teach fifth grade, and I REALLY did not want to. I think I handled it professionally, and I appreciate an administration willing to listen to me. Hopefully nothing changes, but I hope to be grateful at this time next year that I chose to teach 3rd! Next year will be a turning point for our family when Todd graduates, and so I wanted to have at least MY job be a constant.
So, there's the update! Lots of happy things to feel relieved about!
1 comment:
YAY, It's always a good feeling to have everything under "control" in life (as much as we can control anyway) :-)
Post a Comment