First off, sore throat Sunday night. It's always depressing to get sick on a Sunday night, because Mondays just aren't hard enough!
Round 2 of testing was this week. It's a long week for teachers and kids. It feels like THIS IS THE MOMENT. Even though it's a snapshot, it matters a LOT to our administrators, and I still end up feeling like it's a reflection of my abilities. Even though there are a LOT of factors that play into, I'm glad they're over with. My kids did a great job, and I'm proud of them. I'm feeling this big sigh of relief as well as a certain amount of jubilation over the fact that there are 4 1/2 weeks of school left!! WOO HOO!!
(Okay, so I signed up to teach summer school. But I'm not thinking about that yet!)
So anyway, the sore throat, combined with the lack of plan time at work, combined with exhausting days, combined with a job interview, combined with the end of the year sluggishness makes this a very happy Thursday night because this week is almost over!
It's had its pleasant moments. I've gotten in bed earlier, and that's nice. Todd and I got to eat dinner together two nights in a row, and that's also nice. We might forget what the other looks like if we didn't! The students have been decent, thank heavens! Our car has worked! The weather stayed nice until AFTER school was over (Recess was a necessity this week!) I got leftover cupcakes from a friend.
(Cupcakes make everything better!)
So yeah, I'm sure this little update means little to everyone else, but as Todd reminds me, we need to remember and appreciate each season of our lives.
The end!
1 comment:
I'd name it...SUMMER IS COMING! Lucky you get out early, I'm stuck until june 22nd! AHHHHHHH!
Post a Comment