Saturday, February 26, 2011

Yesterday When You Were Young

I occasionally like to peruse the thousands of pictures stored on my computer and reminisce. I have a little bit of senioritis (law school wives can have that too, right?), but I also like to think back to days when school was my job, and I got to be around friends and family all the time, all day...it was awesome! Like I've said before, I'm enjoying this time in my life, but sometimes I feel like I'm still adjusting to being an adult with real responsibilities and more difficult challenges. Hence, a walk down memory lane is nice every once in a while.

Todd and I often talk about what we would think of each other before we knew each other in college. That makes me think of people I know now, that didn't know me before Topeka or Boise State or BYU. These pictures obviously have a greater sentimentality for me because they're mine, but when I look at them, I think about who the person in the pictures is...would friends and family I have recognize that Megan as the one they know now?

Anyway, here are some fun pictures :)


Todd and I started dating not long after this picture was taken. This was in my apartment at BYU, in Provo, UT (one of the several places I've lived college and post-college). My roommates and I had affectionately dubbed it "The Periwinkle Palace" because the cabinets and walls in almost all the rooms was a shade of purple. This was a celebration my kind roommates did for my birthday, which conveniently coincides with Valentine's Day celebrations (real convenient for any female roommates on a manhunt!) Todd came, and a few days later he and his roommates dropped off a delish cake and introduced me to a cinnamon roll hug. We started out as neighbors, became FHE brothers and sisters (that's Family Home Evening in Mormonspeak, our apartments did activities together on Monday nights, so we became "brothers and sisters"). Now, we've been married almost five years :)
This is the night Todd graduated from BYU in front of the Provo Library. In December 2011, we will have another graduation (hopefully our LAST!)

This is a picture of my cousins and I as we attempted a train of sledding down a hill in eastern New York. I have such good memories of visiting my Honeoye Falls cousins, outside of Palmyra New York. Every time I hear a western New York accent, I perk up and ask them where they're from :) Oh wait, you can't even see me in this picture, but that's okay, it's still pretty cute!

A long time ago (okay it feels like a long time ago!), I was deciding if I was going to go get a Master's Degree...this is pre-elementary ed degree, and post-theater degree. Todd was living in Chandler, AZ at the time, and we visited the campus of ASU. It was really beautiful...I could picture myself attending a university that has palm trees on the campus, plus I loved that it was so big. That plan didn't work out at the time, as a certain boyfriend of mine proposed my senior year of college and I decided I'd rather be a teacher than a recreational management master's candidate :)
This is me my sophomore year of college. oh dear. I am so old now :)



More to come. This is fun!

No comments: