Not that I have NEVER shared TMI on a facebook status update, but where does TMI start and end?
Things that I find awkward on status updates:
- People talking about their miserable marriages, their pending divorces. That is awkward. I DO feel sorry for them (which is what they want, sympathy, if they put it on a facebook status, right?) But seriously. Facebook? Do we all need to know about recent fights, who's not around anymore, why you're divorcing?
- Weird, depressing, updates. "I hate myself today." "People used to laugh, but they will see." "I'm depressed." And then no explanation. If you are going for sympathy points, at least give us a sad, depressing story! I feel awkward reading these.
- Obscure references to songs and people that only that person and maybe TWO other people understand. Way to alienate everyone else (because that's the point of social networking?)!!
- Comprehensive lists of "what I did today." I'm not talking "Today I got some laundry done, what a miracle." Or, "Studying, then test, hope I make it." I'm talking, "Woke up, eggs and bacon for breakfast, meeting at 10, lunch with friends at 12, class til 3, homework tonight, hopefully sleeping." Also falling into this category is the TMI what I did today, such as "showering," "at the female doctor" "cleaning my child's excrement." Yuck-o.
Now that I've ranted a bit, I must check my facebook to make sure I'm not being a hypocrite :)
What things do you feel awkward about on facebook?
4 comments:
People that update their status EVERY HOUR...for the love, those people need to learn that their life is NOT That exciting to everyone else. Good grief. I've happily discovered the "hide" button, now I no longer see these people's updates at all...or their annoying quizzes they take. Now you've got me ranting!
oh, THATS HOW YOU HIDE THOSE QUIZZES! That just made my day...I can't stand those things!
I agree - what's up with the quizzes? And farmworld or whatever that is...I'm not saying no one else isn't busy, but I'm just too busy for all that jazz.
hello everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for that particular brand. The prices for the shoes are around 190 dollars on every page. But finally I set this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what do you think?
Post a Comment