- Criers: One (meltdown sobfest. That happens when SRS takes you away from your mother the night before).
- Vomiters: One. In class. Luckily in the trash. Its hard to teach math when a kid is throwing up. There IS a bug going around.
- Number of kids who needed the nurse: Who freakin knows. I heard "my throat hurts," "I can't hear anything," "my eyes are itchy," "my stomach feels funny, " "I feel kinda weird," and "my mom said I could come home if I felt sick." ALL today. I must be a really bad teacher if they all want out of it (by the way, it is just girls. At first I liked having more girls than boys, but I am second guessing that now!) Oh, and I missed our regular nurse. The nurse today didn't know these kids and it made it harder.
- Arguers: One. Who got promptly sent out. Do not argue with me or invoke my wrath.
- Owed recess: 3. I have one who can't put a book down. I guess I shouldn't complain because its READING which is better than TALKING, but kids are clueless enough as it is, and they don't get it even when I repeat myself. I have to keep telling myself "Fall 3rd graders are really just 2nd graders" and repeat again.
- Dr. Peppers: One. To aid my headache and because I wanted one, darn it.
Is it FRIDAY yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment