I like to think of them as the "my pet died" class. They sure are cute, and I'm really blessed to have such a good group of kids, but somehow our conversations always turn into this morbid tell-all of their pet that died. A usual conversation goes like this:
Me: What was the name of your first pet?
Kid: Gruffy, but he died.
Kid 2: I had a hamster but it died.
Kid 3: I had a fish, but it got flushed down the toilet.
or:
Me: What happened in the last chapter?
Kid: The giants played football with the BFG.
Kid 2: Hey Mrs. Thomason, I had a rabbit but it died last night.
Kid 3: My dog died too. Last year.
Many times we haven't been talking about pets or death, and the dead pets come up. WHY????
I think I have learned more about their dead pets, than about these kids, this year!
Stats
- Kids kicked out of the room: 2
- Criers: 2 (both girls, one because a parent got shot (in the leg, he's okay) and the other because a boy was "bothering" her. Isn't that what 8 year old boys do?)
- Nurse passes written: too many to count
- Times the nurse has had to call me to remind me to send a kid down for medicine: twice a day
- Vomiters: 1 (made it to the bathroom)
- Times I tell a kid to sit down and raise their hand instead of getting in my face and saying my name a million times to get my attention: 20 times a day
- Times I am in bed before 10: every weeknight!
- Times I have bought a Dr. Pepper in the evening for survival: twice
3 comments:
oh Megan! It sounds SO exciting! I wish I could watch you for a day-I bet you are such a fun and cute teacher!!!
So, now is not the best time to tell you about our dead bunny? :)
i love the stats!
I love the stats too :) I guess you can't really tell them that they'll get to see their pets again in heaven, huh? ;) Sound like a fun group of kiddos!
Post a Comment