Dear America,
Happy late Independence Day. Obviously, we didnt really celebrate this year because we´re not in America! But I wanted you to know that I´m starting to miss you a bit. I miss being able to drive, and not having to walk EVERYWHERE. I miss real chocolate cake (real chocolate anything, the chocolate here STINKS). Of course, I miss my family and friends, and even my job (but I have a new one that I´m SO excited about!). I miss my clothes, and I am sick of wearing the same 5 shirts all summer. Jess, you and I are going shopping when I get back!
Guatemala has been fun (massages for 12 bucks can´t be beat either!), but America is where it´s at. I could sure go for some real ranch or caesar dressing, salad that I´m not afraid to eat, and Wal-Mart, yes, even Wal-Mart. The people here have the patience of saints to go to 5 or 6 different places to get everything they want. Did I already say I miss driving? It will be nice not to have to worry about getting a disease from walking around barefoot or drinking the water. I will even love flushing stuff down the toilet. You can´t do that here. It´s weird (and sometimes the trash really stinks). I miss my internet at home. I miss live episodes of my reality shows. I miss having the choice of grabbing what I want from my own fridge, and sleeping in my lovely pillowtop bed. I miss NOT having to translate what people say, in my head, into English. And I bet Todd WON´T miss having to call Bank of America every few weeks to reactive our card...again.
Well, there´s lots more I miss, but I´ll stop for now. I want to enjoy Antigua and the rest of my trip while I can. Plus, we still have Belize and the Yucatan to discover.
And thank goodness I also have a husband with inordinate amounts of patience, because now that we´ve hit six weeks (constantly together and always moving) I am not the easiest person to be around!
Again, love you America (and all the great people we know inside of it!)
Megan
No comments:
Post a Comment