Sunday, August 31, 2008

Awkward

Conversation Todd had with our neighbor downstairs as he carried stuff in from Sam's Club the other night:

Lady: So you are the ones that live in apartment 8?
Todd: Yep.
Lady: I live below you. Do you guys have dogs?
Todd: Um, no.
Lady: Cuz its so loud up there, it sounds like you guys have dogs.
Todd: No, we don't.
Lady: Yeah, we can hear everything. We can hear you walking around, we can even hear your conversations.
Todd: Oh. Well, nice meeting you.

How do you respond to a conversation like that? If I was mean, I would have replied:

Megan: Well, we can hear your kids running around everywhere too. They sure sound like elephants. It must be hard to have that many kids in a 585 square foot apartment.
Lady: Oh, yeah?
Megan: Yeah, and the cigarette smoke you let in the building sure isn't pleasant either.

Ohhhhh, the joys of apartment living.

1 comment:

Sam and Steph said...

at least the loud people are BELOW you...I hope you don't have polynesian newlyweds above you... becaue then you really do hear EVERYTHING. Eww.