Sunday, June 29, 2008

Update

You know that kid I wrote about a few posts ago, the 6 year old with the filthy mouth and the desire to break the law? He got kicked out of the residential camp last week, and so he won't be returning to our camp. Apparently, he jumped off a 10 foot high railing (Dangerous? Stupid? Also very AGAINST the rules!) and tried to run away from the camp. It took two counselors to chase him down and get him back to camp. And I thought restraining him on the bus was rough. I really can't say I'm sad he's gone.

You know how you go to church and hear the same things over and over again, and still hear something new much of the time? Well someone today was talking about the Family Proclamation. In it, it mentions that parents are responsible for raising "law-abiding citizens." That part had never stuck out to me, but I thought of this student. He had obviously not been taught to be a law-abiding citizen, as his statement to us was that his first infraction would most likely be because of graffiti, and that he was sure he wouldn't get caught. You know, the "no one can catch me, I'm unstoppable" attitude.

Oh brother.

No comments: