Okay, so it was exciting for the Thomasons...it wasn't really THAT exciting in the whole grand scheme of things, but I thought I'd blog about it anyway.
So we were sitting here last night, Camille and I were on the computer, and some of the guys had come in from selling. We hear this knock on the door and "Columbus Police!" I was thinking they were coming to ask us about our upstairs neighbors, who are a bunch of big dumb college boys who wrestle all night. I was sure they were going to come through our ceiling. Anyway, the policewoman is like, "We need everyone out, including kids and pets, we are evacuating your building." I asked her why, and she said because of a "suspicious package." The other cops were outside telling everyone to "start walking." Oh crap! So anyway, we grab our shoes and keys and bags and head out. At first I thought they meant a suspicious package in our apartment (like marijuana, what???) and I was freaked out they were going to ransack all my stuff! However, the cops told us it was more towards the middle of our building, and later on, after we had been let back in our apartment, I heard the cops telling another group that one of the maintenance guys had seen something suspicious and called it in, and they had evacuated us just to be safe. Whew! So anyway, exciting thing number one.
Number two was just a thunderstorm. I have been so excited to see another real thunderstorm...they just don't have them in Idaho. The most amazing ones we saw were when we sold in Tulsa. Anyway, I would have much preferred this thunderstorm to have happened at any other time other than 4:30 in the morning. I was awakened by sirens...lots and lots and lots of sirens. Then I realized it was raining and windy like crazy, and I couldn't fall back asleep, because I was worried that the sirens I had heard were tornado sirens or something! Then I figured that Ohio probably didn't have too many tornadoes. However, I was kept awake because it started to lightning and thunder, plus Todd was squishing me. I thought he was awake because he was being very wiggly, and so I said to him, "Did you hear all those sirens?" He mumbled and turned over, and about five minutes later said, "Why did you wake me up?" He was grumpy with me. I said, "We are having a thunderstorm!" I thought he would be more interested, since he likes them too, but I think he was too tired to care. Anyway, he rolled back over and fell asleep, and about a half hour later the storm was over.
So that was our excitement for the night. You can tell we don't get out much!
2 comments:
You probably don't want to know...but Ohio gets LOTS of tornados...we had sirens go off at least 3 times a year.
I am currently watching an Idaho storm! They have them, they're just really rare. Now Oregon doesn't have them at all- just rain with no thunder, how boring! I want to see cute nephew pictures!
Post a Comment