I am officially retiring my razor. I just bought a new one, because my Venus had run its course (I've had it since college, yes, it was that green-ish one, remember Steph?). Anyway, it was nastiness, and so I ventured to the store and came home with a something or other with four blades....four blades, it must be better, right? WRONG! The thing is crappy, and I hate all those so-called "lotion strips" they put around the edges...it does nothing for the closeness of your shave!
So I am taking Todd's advice and buying a MEN's razor next time...unless any of you have a better suggestions, but it must be a TOUGH one! (I am infamous for killing my bathroom supplies to death, like say, my poor toothbrushes and razors and loofahs...they all are looking very sad at this particular moment). And while I'm asking, what razor do you use? Is it a men's or women's? What kind of shave gel do you use? Am I silly for being frustrated with the state of women's razors? Are men's really better? Please enlighten!
7 comments:
Veet, its better than nair and you wont need a razor
Veet, its better than nair and you wont need a razor.
Sorry about that meg, its Quinn
REally? Veet doesn't work. Sally Hansen is ridiculous. Waxing hurts like a BEEP! and then the hair grows right back. I'm one hairy beast, what can I say. I use the intuition. It's kind of pricey and the blade runs out in not too long but while it's got that glorious bar around it it is heaven. No shaving cream. No nicks, just wonderfully smooth skin. Also, my new favorite is the 3 day bronzer from Jergens. I put one coat on the night before and I'm totally good for 4-5 days. It's a blessing to us pasty people who have to wear a skirt and don't like nylons.
I mean Veet doesn't work for me. Not it totally doesn't work. Sorry. I'm making enemies with your friends megan.
Hmm this 3 day bronzer thing I have never heard of but sounds like something I need!
I have used disposables all my life until a couple of months ago when I bought a Venus razor and I love it but I don't have anything else to compare it with...
Cute new blog.
I use the Mystique razor. I originally bought it because it was pink and cute, but it is easy to hold like a girl's razor, but shaves like a guy's...seriously, it's one of the best things i've ever stumbled across, AND it's about half the price of a Venus.
Hmmm...I'll have to go look at that razor, Meg. I hate Nair, the stuff stinks up your bathroom for days! I have considered the Veet too...we'll see. I am trying to convince Todd that I NEED laser hair removal!
Post a Comment