Please, ladies, tell me your philosophy on jeans. I broke down today and shelled out $65 for Silver jeans, because I have started to feel like I get what I pay for in the jeans department, and I usually don't spent that much (and it was all birthday money, so I could justify it there as well). I have been wanting a nice pair for a while, and most of my jeans are getting really old or don't fit me the way I want them to anymore. I love my new jeans, and I'm wondering if this expensive purchase is something I'll just have to get used to!
How much do you spend on jeans? What brands do you like? How often do you buy them? Tell me all please!
On other notes, a post coming later about my fabulous birthday weekend, complete with a complimentary meal from P.F. Chang's because our wait was AN HOUR AND A HALF (and that's 15 minutes past the time they told us). Worked out well for the poor college students, actually :)
4 comments:
I also hate jean shopping because it's so freakin difficult! I don't know how you feel about second hand clothes but I do get my jeans from Plato's closet mostly because they've got a zillion different brands of jeans so you can find one that fits. Plus if you never could afford a brand but you like the fit they'll have it for cheaper. But don't try to sell them stuff, they're snots about it. Grrrrr
I have always had such trouble finding jeans too! My body is not proportional or something. Anyway so when I find a pair that fits, I buy it no matter how much it is and I don't feel guilty because it is such a rare occurrence! Usually they end up being $40-$50 pants at Gap. I have occasionally found great pairs for $15 at JCPenney or Kohl's but not usually.
My best pair of jeans was $40 at JCPenney. I bought them when I was so sick while pregnant that my clothes all started falling off and they're the only pair I've worn since because they're so good (I do lots of laundry). The brand is Underground Soul or something like that. Anyway they are AWESOME and have held up really well. In the interest of full disclosure I must say I have even had random strangers tell me they love my jeans and ask me where I got them. And I always wish I had some cool European store to say, but it's just JCPenney :)
So. I say, I try to buy cheap shirts, but when it comes to pants I pay what it takes.
Meg- you've got to try the Ann Taylor Loft, it's located in BODO. I seriously LOVE their jeans. I think they are the best and have the best quality. I usually spend around 40-60 dollars for jeans there, which is cheaper than the actual Ann Taylor store in the mall.
This GB can never fit into normal cheap jeans...so I just don't buy them very often. Perhaps when I start working for real...or lose a few lbs...you know how it goes.
Post a Comment